At Haute Dog Pet Photography we pride ourselves on not just creating fashion-forward photos that make your dog's larger than life personality live forever, but crafting the whole experience to be one you'll never forget. We're sharing a few fundamental tips to prepare for your Dallas pet photography session and look forward to chatting to provide even more information!
Are you kidding ??? This might have been one of the best experiences I have had with my dog! ~Nancy - Denton, TX
1. Get in some of the photos! It doesn't matter if your hair is a mess, you forgot your lip gloss, or you aren't loving your shoes. You can check out our Pinterest for inspiration on what to wear, flattering poses, and simple props, and we'll walk you through looking your best before and during your dog's photo session!
2. Pick a location that represents you and your dogs! What is your individual style? Do you love hitting the trails on a Saturday afternoon? Grabbing a coffee and relaxing in the park? Is your home modern, edgy, and architectural? You and your dog are unique - let your photos capture that! During our design phase, we'll listen to your favorite things and offer several suggestions from our photo location guide around Dallas....or maybe you're up for a grand pet photography adventure beyond DFW!
3. Don't hold back during your planning and design consult - tell us everything! We want to hear the silly stories and goofy characteristics that make you love your dog. And more importantly, we want to capture them during his session! Communicating your favorite traits - whether they are personality or physical - gives us a great start to ensuring we document the most important things, like Bella's little tail nub and butt wiggle!
4. Grab some new accessories! Shiny new collars, flower crowns, bandanas and more. We're happy to edit out your dog's leash and collar in Photoshop, but we love including that little something extra that helps define your dog's personality and style! Shop these fab dog colllars and accessories from one of our favorite dog boutiques - Designs by Wildside.
5. Plan your grooming appointment! Whether you want your dog's locks to showcase his breed - like Nelson the Briard below - or need that perfect poodle blowout, we recommend scheduling a grooming appointment approximately three to five days before your dog's photography session. Unless breed standard says otherwise, be sure the fur around your dog's face is trimmed so we can see those perfect puppy dog eyes! You'll know best how quickly your dog's fur grows, but it's best to avoid scheduling the day of or immediately before your session to minimize stress on your dog.
We look forward to preparing you and your pet for the perfect photography session to make your dog's larger than life personality live forever. Contact us for a no-obligation consultation to discuss these tips and any other questions you may have!
Haute Dog: Couture Pet Photography